Integrated Community and Home-based Care Services include:
- Home visits to de-hospitalised patients as well as referrals from the
community in order to provide nursing care, support and assistance.
- Disease prevention and health promotion including VCT Promotion and
counselling, hygiene in the home and nutritional aid.
- Home visits for HIV/AIDS and TB DOTS adherence support, delivery of
chronic medication as well as blood pressure checks, HGT Tests,
weight checks and counselling.
- Disease prevention and health promotion of healthy lifestyles through:
- Door to door/home visits
- Health campaigns/days
- Support groups
- Shelter improvement and advocacy.
- Wellness Centre Activities which include:
- Nursing care and adherence
- Support for TB Dots
- First Aid
- General tips on healthy living
- Patient transport
- Nutritional aid
- Blood pressure checks
- HGT Tests
- Weight checks
- Care and Respite Centre (HUG House)
We offer cost-effective, compassionate care by competent care workers. Types of patients for short and long-term admissions and care to ‘Hug House’ include the following:
- Patients with a chronic condition who experience an acutely ill phase of the condition
- Patients whose family members need a short period of respite
- Patients who are terminally ill
- Patients who need a limited period of rehabilitative post-operative care