In week two of the Lockdown we managed to share 600 food parcels! We are delighted with the response from the community and receive donations with immense gratitude.
During the Lockdown we continue to support families in need. We are blessed by your loving support!
- FOOD PARCELS: consist of eggs, staple foods like rice and samp, tea, coffee, sugar and fresh produce like cabbage and carrots. An average of 150 food parcels for 180 beneficiaries are distributed per quarter.
- FRESH PRODUCE: consists of fresh fruit and vegetables and an average 60 parcels are distributed to immune-challenged patients every week on Mondays.
- MOBILE MEALS: 15-20 beneficiaries receive a wholesome meal three times per week. These are cooked by Slow Town Mobile Meals, an independent NPO and delivered by Masithandane
- OTHER MEALS/SOUP & SANDWICHES reach at least 600 children and adults every month. The soup and sandwiches are prepared by volunteers from the targeted communities.
- Meals are provided from a Community Development Nutritional Centre at the Wellness Centre. Meals served to members in the various job creation projects receive a meal at least twice or three times a week. These have been included in the totals above.